Wantedly, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “Wantedly”) defines Users’ personal information (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information”) as information enabling to identify Users with their names, addresses, e-mail addresses, passwords, Member IDs, educational backgrounds, work histories, occupation, etc, singly or in combination, and has established Wantedly’s Privacy Policies concerning Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as “these Privacy Policies”). Wantedly will make its best efforts for protection of Personal Information and comply with all laws, regulations, etc. concerned.
2. Purposes of Utilization of Personal Information:
Wantedly will use Personal Information for the following purposes:
（1） Operation of systems for management of Users necessary for provision of Services such as identity verification at the time of and after logging-in and automatic display of Members’ information on various screens;
（2） Creating profile page on the website (incl. Users’ name, education background, work background, current company, profile picture, age, and sex), possible exposures of limited or all information from the profile page to other members and companies upon users’ public visibility settings, being exposed or shared on/by third parties on the internet, and enabling communications with other Users (e.g. sending messages);
（3） Notice of matters necessary for operation of Services such as maintenance work and other material matters;
（4） Distribution of mail magazine, etc. which Wantedly considers useful for Users;
（5） Distribution of “targeting advertisement” in consideration of Users’ activities, sexes and access histories concerning Services;
（6） Answers to questions, opinions and inquiries concerning Services;
（7） Preparation and use of statistical data concerning Services including provision of information to companies, business partners and third parties to the extent that specific persons cannot be identified.
3. Provision to a Third parties:
No Personal Information of each User collected by Wantedly for operation of Services will be provided to any third party (which means a third party defined in “Concerning Protection of Personal Information”) without the User’s consent, except the following cases:
（1） Case where Wantedly judges that disclosure of such Personal Information is required by an applicable law or regulations;
（2） Case where Wantedly judges that disclosure of such Personal Information is necessary for protection of the life, body or property and it is difficult to obtain the User’s consent;
（3） Case where Wantedly judges that disclosure of such Personal Information is specially necessary for improvement of public health or sound raising of children and it is difficult to obtain the User’s consent;
（4） Case where Wantedly judges that disclosure of such Personal Information is necessary for Wantedly to cooperate with a state organ, local government or an individual or a business operator entrusted by one in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of User are likely to impede the execution of the affairs; and
（5） Case where Wantedly judges that, in relation to planned transfer of Wantedly’s business such as merger, consolidation or business assignment, it is necessary to disclose Personal Information to an entity considering the succession.
4. Correction and Deletion of Personal Information:
If receiving a request for correction, deletion, suspension of use, etc. of a User’s Personal Information from the User or his or her agent, Wantedly shall, after confirmation of identity of the requesting party, perform such correction, deletion, suspension of use, etc. through investigation for a reasonable period, to an extent necessary for operation of Services; provided, however, that corrections ordinarily occurring may be made freely by the User himself or herself on the Member page.
5. External Services by Facebook, etc.; Links
(1) Wantedly may, with Users’ consents, provide Services in collaboration with external services such as Facebook (hereinafter referred to as “External Services”) and, if Users publish their Personal Information in any External Services or allow their Personal Information to be used in services collaborating with any External Service, it may be published on the Website, too. Please confirm the privacy policies of External Services concerning the scope of publication of information, standards for publication and non-publication, etc. without fail.
(2) Wantedly’s website includes links to external websites. However, Wantedly will not be responsible for handling of Personal Information at such linked websites. We recommend that, when using a linked website, a User read the privacy policies of the website.
6. Cookie, Access Log:
Google Ads Policy
Facebook Ads Guideline
Yahoo Japan Corporation
LOCKON CO., LTD.
7. Third Party Tracking Technology:
Wantedly uses the Google Analytics that helps us analyze how visitors engage with our Web site and provide users with more useful and relevant ads. Google Analytics uses a cookie that collects anonymous traffic data, and much like examining footprints in sand, it reports Web site trends without identifying individual visitors. By using Google Analytics we were required to agree to Google's Terms of Service
Google Analytics Terms of Service
Company will not be responsible for obtainment of a User’s Personal Information by a third party if:
(1) the User has disclosed his or her Personal Information to a third party using a function of Services or by other means;
(2) the User is identified with any information etc. input by the User in the course of use of Services;
(3)a third party obtains the User’s Personal Information outside the Website (including but not limited to a website linked from the Website); or
(4) a party other than the User obtains information enabling identification of the User (ID, password, etc.).
Wantedly will, from time to time, review, improve and revise these Privacy Policies. If we modify these Private Policies, the modification will be published on the Website.
10. Contact for Inquiry about Personal Information:
Created on October 16, 2013 and applied from October 16, 2013
Amended on May 2, 2014 and applied from May 2, 2014
Amended on November 9, 2016 and applied from November 9, 2016